Friday, August 11, 2006

Monkey Woman

Well, since there's no baseball on tonight, and none on all weekend for that matter, I think it's time to start profiling some of the superhero wannabes. Just eliminated last night was Monkey Woman, who uses high-tech gadgets which are shaped like bananas (too easy); also, she lets out a high-pitched monkey-scream (ditto). She was eliminated because she revealed she was an actress when earlier she had said she was an investor - since truthfulness is an important part of being a superhero, she was kicked off. Seems sort of bogus to me - they all seem to be actors of some sort (I'll discuss that later). This particular actress is named Mary Votova; she has an official site, with about seven thousand headshots. (Featuring: the hot bookworm! The hippie! The adventurer! The dork! The chain-smoking slut!)

As should be the case for any respectable superhero, there is an Official Monkey Woman Website. Click here for the detailed, illustrated story of her origin. Apparently, in Episode 2 (which I missed - I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD set "Who Wants to be a Superhero: the Complete Series") she endured 2 wild dogs biting her for like 3 hours or something, which is awesome.

I miss you, Monkey Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment