So 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I implemented the Bukowski-method, but was early enough to catch most of the first inning. I would have been earlier if I didn't try to upgrade my tickets. The lack of scalpers was striking. Here are a couple more general observations:
1. Scalpers are nuts. I tried to upgrade my tickets to the nice seats for giggles and they wanted WAY too much money. Although I love the reverse pyschological approach they take, by asking for tickets instead of saying they have tickets.
2. The concession stands at the top of the Grandstands behind home plate are TERRIBLE.
3. Fans that go to the game for a social event are often very annoying. The guy in front of me was on his phone the entire time and would stand up at random moments to make it easier for his friends to spot him.
4. Sitting in the nice seat when all the fans pour out in the late innings is awesome! The game is completely different up close.
5. Bud Light is not as bad as Budweiser, it's less sweet.