Monday, September 19, 2005

The reign in Spain

So I'm back. Awesome trip. But like I said before I left, the hit shits the fan now, as work kicks into high gear and I'm supposed to be applying for jobs. So despite these exciting two weeks of baseball (go Indians!) I'll barely be watching, sadly.

A couple quick observations about Spain:
  1. Coffee, beer, and wine are unbelievably inexpensive there.
  2. Most Spaniards under the age of 35 are unbelievably attractive.
  3. Apparently, when you can spend all your time enjoying good, cheap caffeine and booze and appreciating your hot friends and your hot self, you don't feel the need to read. At all. Seriously, Spain lags all the rest of Europe in rate of newspaper reading...which is made even more sad by the fact that their #1 selling newspaper is devoted entirely to fĂștbol. (For those of you who don't understand Spanish, "fĂștbol" means "football". For those of you who don't understand British, "football" means "soccer". Europe's pretty fucked up.) So needless to say I couldn't find box scores anywhere. Had to keep telling Amy we needed to go to cybercafes on a regular basis "so I can check email...you know, in case something happened to my cats".
  4. Speaking of Europe being fucked up, the only baseball caps I saw were Yankees hats. They were everywhere. I kept wanting to yell "Yankees suck!" to the poor unsuspecting Spaniards and Germans...but I was worried that might confuse them because they would assume I was talking about myself.
Okay, that's all for now. Back to work.

8 comments:

  1. One thing to note on your observation of the obscene number of NY hats - they are not NY Yankee hats. I have the same observation every time I am in London.

    However, they are simply NY hats. NY as in NY. Percieved capital of the USA. Symbol of all things American. I bet most of them (maybe all) were not your standard solid blue NY hats - they were probably baby blue or black or red or green - you get the point. They would no sooner know the New York Yankees from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays much as we would not know the difference between Villareal and Cadiz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the nuthouse, as if you don't have enough to do. Well, you do now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Earl. We missed you. As I have now completed my shift to a "comments only" contributor I soarly missed your humor.

    Fuck those European Yankees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I panicked for a little while about the Sox thinking that, damn, we are only 1/2 game up now. Now I see that if we win half our games we should finish ahead of the even more falling apart White Sox...

    Seriously, though...Welcome back, Earl.

    Go, Indians! Chief Wahoo!!!...you know, Chief Wahoo? The racist logo for the Cleveland team? You know...right? I really do think it is about time to change that logo...

    Anyway, back to more baseball...The reason the Yankees are only 1/2 game back (*tied in the loss column)...

    David Ortiz can only do so much. Seriously, others must contribute or they are done.

    Meanwhile the Yankees win a tough game last night when Bubba Crosby hits a walk-off. When Giambi was hurt Martinez lit it up. Then Giambi "found him(HGH)self". He worked hard (juiced) and regained his (test him) swing.

    Not to mention that Chacon rebounded from the beating we gave him and Aaron Small continues to pitch well.

    If the Sox win their games, it will come down to that last weekend (unless the White Sox continue their free fall). Then we'll just be playing for the Wild Card or Division...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post (The reign in Spain) was on target for xenical hgh phentermine quit smoking detox 3ese. It's interesting to know that many people don't understand xenical hgh phentermine quit smoking detox 3ese, good job. What I would like to see is more info on xenical hgh phentermine quit smoking detox 3ese and xenical hgh phentermine quit smoking detox 3ese. Any post you make on xenical hgh phentermine quit smoking detox 3ese in the future will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
    I have a testosterone site/blog. It pretty much covers testosterone related stuff.
    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    ReplyDelete