Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Clemens returns to Boston?

I'm already on record as saying I might have a hard time rooting for the US team in the WBC. But today's herald talks about another tought to swallow prospect - the Rocket returning to Boston. If this video is real, then the Sox front office must be pretty serious. and if we are learning about it, the Kremlin, err Theo and the tris, must want us to know. And when this group puts its mind to something, more times than not, they are successful.

So here is the scoop - the Sox preparing a DVD video to present to Roger Clemens in hopes of convincing the Rocket, who will be 44 in August, to come back to Boston for one final, glorious season.

I imagine they will have to do quite an editing job. Here are the responses to the same question as posed to a few of my posse members:

Sully from Charlestown: "Are fucking kidding me? That fat slob, Clemens coming back to Boston would be greast thing ever. Now I could boo him about 16 times next year. "

Smitty: "That would be amazing. I will never forget when Roger was pitching for the Yankees in the 99 LCS and joey and I heckled the shit out Clemens so badly that his wife was sitting right in front of us started crying her ass off. It was so funny. That bastard can rot in hell. All he ever did in Boston was care about his own stats and performance, like when he struck out 20 guys. Twice. "

Murph: "Do the people of Boston want Clemens back? What are you on crack? Story book ending? What did that guy ever do for Boston? If we get Clemens back he may need a restraining order to keep me away from Fenway. Sure it took almost ten years, but after he left did people believe that the RedSox could win the World Series. No thanks to him. If he comes to Boston, He'll probably blow out his hammy in his first start. Clemens basically mailed in his last four years - what did he do, win 39 games and lost 40. Yeah, sure pal. Let's get Clemens back."

Amir: "I own doughnut shop in Fenway. Roger Clemens very good for doughnut business."

These would be edited as follows:

Sully from Charlestown: ".....Clemens coming back to Boston would be greast thing ever....."

Smitty: "That would be amazing. I will never forget ....when he struck out 20 guys..... "

Murph: "Do the people of Boston want Clemens back? ...... If we get Clemens back RedSox could win the World Series. ..... If he comes to Boston, he'll probably ...win 39 games ...... Yeah, sure pal. Let's get Clemens back."

Amir: " Roger Clemens very good for..... business."

So there you have it. My own personal video tribute to Roger. Please come back to Boston. We'll cheer for you. If you win.


Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I personally would be all for Roger coming back, just to see Bill Simmons's head explode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blame Duquette, the ultimate douche bag, unscented, for Rocket's departure. I still don't understand why the anti-Rocket feelings are still so strong. My memories of being at Fenway in the middle 80s and watching him on the mound are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. X, let's face it the fans are as selfish as the players. They don't give a crap about the past, it's all about the here and now. I am sure Sully and the rest of your characters would be just fine with Roger coming back. I can see the interviews now, "Sure I hated Roger for leaving, but my memories of being at Fenway in the middle 80s and watching him on the mound are priceless"

    (Not poking fun Peter, just saying that I don't think the average fan is going to hold a grudge)

    ReplyDelete