Saturday, July 02, 2005

Canadia Day!!!

Looking at my calendar, I just learned that yesterday was Canada Day (Canada). I especially like the clarification; presumably this is so us Amuricans don't just all go take the day off in honor of our friendly neighbors to the north.

Strangely, however, yesterday was a work holiday. Since Southern California does not share a border with Canadia, I can only assume the purpose was really to give people a four-day holiday, with U.S.A. Day (U.S.A.) coming up. So I only spent a couple hours at work, to take advantage of Happy Hour(s). The bar we went to did not have a feed of the Sox game, which was good because it would've ruined my nice afternoon.

I have nothing to say about that game. Ugly. Hopefully it was a just a Ted Lilly thing and/or a Canadia Day gift to the Blue Jays, and the Sox aren't going into a funk...like their recent 1-3 record might suggest. Wunderkind Gustavo Chacin vs. Grossermann David Wells tonight.

For more info on Canadia Day, click here.
For more info on Canadia, click here.
For more info on what living in Canadia can do to you, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Answer: It turns you into a brilliant and witty (not to mention dashing) Sox blogger.

    Canada Day seems to lack some of the oomph of 7/4, though the fireworks that were going off from next door to the house I was at last night belie that a bit.

    ReplyDelete