Thursday, July 26, 2007

More fun


Curt Schilling, yesterday:
"If someone wrote that stuff about me and I didn't sue, am I not admitting that there's some legitimacy to it? If I wrote a book about Bob Costas and in that book I wrote about Bob Costas' girlfriend being on the road, and Bob Costas giving that girlfriend card show money and I outlined your daily steroid regimen, I've got to believe your first line of defense is to sue my (butt) off."
First off: where was this tough talk when he was testifying before Congress?

Second... uh, off: I love that a die-hard Republican calls "suing one's ass off" a "first line of defense". I was sure they thought lawyers were the cause of all our nation's problems. (Oh wait: I'm wrong. Gay marriage is the cause of all our problems. Never mind.)

Third off: he then points out
But I just always thought it was very simple: If you did something and someone asks you if you did it and you didn't do it, you say no. Any other answer than no is some form of yes, isn't it?
While this isn't true legally (innocent until proven guilty, etc.), in general I agree with him. What I love is the implications this has for the Bush administration. Torture, spying on people without a warrant, firing attorneys for political reasons...

Fourth off: Bonds's response is absolutely awesome:
"You mean that little midget man who absolutely knows jackshit about baseball..."
Midget? Schilling is like 6'4"! And I think he actually knows quite a bit about baseball. Oh wait a minute, Barry's not done ranting...
"...who never played the game before? You can tell Bob Costas what I called him."
OHHHHHH, now I see, you're blaming Bob Costas for something Schilling said. I see now.

1 comment:

  1. Mistake number one - actually taking anything Curt says seriously.

    ReplyDelete