Saturday, February 09, 2008

Slow News Day

Daisy pulled out her DVD collection of Sports Night a week ago. Six Feet Under fans will be pleased to see the role of Casey played by Peter Krause. Anyway, it's pretty good. Witty banter with a tricked out laugh track (only for the first ten episodes). Apparently, it was Aaron Sorkins way of shoving it to the man (so to speak). Well, they have this episode about a slow day in news and it was a slightly more tamed down version of this.

Desperate for news myself, I started my typical blog-run (Deadspin,Baseball Musings, MLBrumors.com, and Boston.com Extra Bases. I didn't need to go far to finds today's musings. The Berman clip above is from Deadspin.com, if you didn't already click on it.

Venturing forth, I was pleasantly surprised to see Ben Watson hanging out at the MIT Sloan Business Conference on Sports Management with David Pinto, Sal Baxamusa, and Rob Neyer. Earl you should look up Sal, he's a chemical engineer. I posted on Basemall Musings as the first comment. I was tempted to do something stupid like, "FIRST", but thought better of it. He posted my comments, so I am sure Pinto gave the GYS a run-down. I am also sure he didn't see anything terribly mind-blowing, expect maybe of awesome connection to the creator of Darkman.

Oh, and funny this, while digging up all these links I came across this. I especially like Peter N's comments - vintage Peter!

4 comments:

  1. This whole Mitchell Report/PED/Clemens story is so maddening. Especially the angles the media take.

    buster olney (who usually is rational) today:

    "Clemens probably surprised a lot of the investigators involved by challenging what McNamee is asserting as aggressively as he has, and now the terms of this whole fight have changed."

    Sure, but think back to when the report came out. The same writers that are now starting to maybe think about giving Clemens some leeway, were the same ones who wrote - "if clemens is innocent, he should be screaming i didn't do it and it should not take 8 days to do it." They basically goaded him into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. X, MHJE? I'm a bit slow... maybe you can elaborate?

    I find Roger Clemen's take onBreaiking Bonaduce quite a drag. The images oh him shaking hands with members of Congress really bummed me out. And I don't even need to mention the ridiculous quotes hitting the news.

    It makes me sick and annoyed at professional sports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Favorite summary from the wiki post on Breaking Bonaduce:

    When we left Danny on the streets of Hollywood, he was ringing Gretchen's cell phone off the hook trying to warn her against having male strippers at her 40th birthday. When he finally gets her on the phone, she refuses to allow him to dictate what she can and can't do at her own party. In a huff, Gretchen practically hangs up on him. Moments later Danny has a violent outburst of volcanic proportions. In a rage, he begins menacing the crew of the production, threatening to go to the party and assault people if the strippers are allowed to perform. After several hours of erratic and violent behavior, Danny eventually breaks down in tears, confessing that he's completely lost control of his mind and his life. Later that evening, in a cry for help, Danny slashes his wrists. The next day, in a final act of madness, Danny accuses Dr. Garry of conspiring with Gretchen against him.

    ReplyDelete