Thursday, June 08, 2006

Old times

I was at Dodger Stadium last night and the night before, to watch them played the Mets. I'd been a few times already this season, but back when Nomar was on the DL. Now that he's back...wow, I miss him. He's doing incredibly - batting .369, with a .430 OBP and .625 SLG. And he's actually a really good first baseman. But it wasn't the stats - it was just his style of play that made me all sad - the stoic approach to everything, the OCD at the plate, etc.

And on Tuesday he hit a 2R HR off Pedro, and Lowe got the win. Pretty wild. Grady Little, though - ugh.

(Turns out Bill Simmons wrote up Tuesday's game. It's pretty clear his transformation to Southern Californian is complete: "We didn't make it to our seats until the bottom of the second, missing...Nomar's first-inning home run off Pedro". And I think he's wrong about Dodger Stadium: it's really overrated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment